Adult Braces & Options for Accelerated Orthodontics
While many of us may think of braces as fixtures for kids and teens, the fact is that there are millions of adults who could benefit from orthodontic treatment. Crooked teeth, misaligned jaws, improper bites, and a host of other orthodontic issues are not exclusive to those under age 18. Anyone can suffer from them. For adults with these problems, adult braces are often the most effective and expedient option.
However, for many, adult braces just aren’t expedient (or inconspicuous) enough. After all, who wants a mouth full of metal while working or recreating? Even for those wearing “invisible braces,” a 1-2 year treatment time wearing what are essentially mouth-guards isn’t exactly ideal. Thankfully, there is an alternative: Acceledontics from The Super Dentists. On this page, we discuss adult braces and the unique advantages that Acceledontics brings to adults in need of orthodontic treatment. Read on to learn more, and schedule your Acceledontics orthodontic consultation with our team here at The Super Dentists today!
What Are The Alternatives to Braces for Adults?
If you are an adult and you’ve determined that you need orthodontic treatment, you may be hesitant to sign up for traditional braces. Though effective at straightening teeth, traditional braces typically take anywhere from 12-36 months to complete their job. Plus, they’re easily visible and often uncomfortable. Even “invisible braces” can still be spotted and take well over a year (often two or three) to fully straighten teeth. As an adult, you deserve better.
Introducing Acceledontics: the revolutionary new orthodontic system developed by our award-winning dental team here at The Super Dentists. Featuring patented hardware designed by Dr. Kami Hoss, Acceledontics works to straighten teeth in as few as 4 months without cutting corners on aesthetics or functionality. As far as teeth straightening for adults is concerned, the Acceledontics system is an incredibly attractive option due to its short treatment times and overall comfort.
Acceledontics: What It Is and How it Works
Acceledontics is an accelerated braces system developed by Dr. Kami Hoss and the dental professionals here at The Super Dentists. Like other accelerated orthodontics, Acceledontics features hardware that straightens teeth in shorter timeframes than traditional braces. Of all the adult braces systems on the market today, Acceledontics is among the fastest, most effective, and most comfortable. This is due to its state-of-the-art, patented hardware and unique 5-step process. Learn more about the Acceledontics system step-by-step below.
- Health and Medication Assessment: Acceledontics treatment begins with a oral health and medication assessment. This will help our dentists determine whether you may be a good candidate for the Acceledontics system.
- AADvance Braces: After your assessment, you will be scheduled for AADvance Braces fitting. AADvance Braces are special self-ligating orthodontic appliances that continually move teeth to their proper position without the need for adjustments.
- AADvance Auxiliary Devices: To help facilitate tooth movement and create a better angle for rubber band tension, our orthodontists will typically affix AADvance Auxiliary devices to the gumline as anchorage for rubber bands.
- Accelerator(s): To further help with tooth movement, our orthodontists use FDA-approved accelerators such as Propel (which utilizes micro-osteoperforation) and Acceledent (which utilizes vibration and light) to supplement self-ligating braces and gently move teeth in their proper position.
- AADvance Whitening: Once your braces come off, you are treated with our highly-effective AADvance Whitening process to remove any stains from your teeth. AADvance Whitening not only removes discoloration due to braces — it also takes care of set-in stains that have been on your teeth for years.
The Many Benefits of Adult Braces
No matter which adult braces option you’re considering, you should always be aware of the benefits of orthodontic care in general. If you have bite problems, crooked teeth, or other orthodontic issues, pursuing orthodontic care is always the right choice. A broken bite can lead to the degradation of your teeth and discomfort down the road. Crooked teeth can also wear down faster and harbor food, plaque and other unwanted bacteria. Plus, they can contribute to an unsightly smile. Adult braces can fix all of these problems and leave you with great-looking pearly whites and improved self-confidence. And with a system like Acceledontics, they’ll be off before you know it.
Learn More About Adult Braces and Schedule Your Acceledontics Consultation
Need adult braces? Don’t settle for conspicuous and uncomfortable traditional braces, and don’t get stuck wearing “invisible” options for 1-2 years. As far as teeth straightening for adults goes, there is no better option than Acceledontics. With industry-leading treatment times (4-6 months on average), comfortable self-litigating hardware, and permanent results that speak for themselves, the Acceledontics system is simply the best choice for adults in search of fast and effective orthodontic treatment — and it’s only available here at The Super Dentists. Contact our team to schedule your Acceledontics consultation today!